View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 01:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

You'll notice that I have no trouble getting to 1.0g decel on street tires. I think there is more on tap, but as I said I'm still getting acclimated to these brakes. In fact, you can see that I did not consistently use all the brakes. You will also notice that there are no abrupt fall offs that would be indicative of brake fade. Another thing you may notice is that around 500-900 feet, I am using the brakes ~10-15% around a 1.0g right hand sweeper. I had a driving instructor that once told me 'the accelerator is an on/off switch, use it that way (gradually applied of course)... but the brake is not... the brake pedal has infinite positions' With these brakes and the s/s lines that come included, I find I am better able to dial in exactly the brake pressure I desire... that means more controlled and predictable trail braking. This will only get better as I move to sticky tires.

That's all for now!
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote