View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #116 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by modme View Post
From my experience, oil temp is not a parameter that OBDII readers can pick up. That might've changed since I did my install 2 years ago. You can double check that using OBDlink and dashcommand to see if it can find the oil temp readout.

You can hook up just one 1 sensor. You need the sensor and the iMFD SM to USB Adapter.

Depending on your screen model and whether you have navi, the method of connecting a carpc is different. If you plan to use an aftermarket screen, then you would not need the scan converter.
My camp 2 does not pick up oil temp just reading off the OBD, which is fine because the Z has a dedicated oil temp gauge.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote