View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't shy away from the manual for that reason. My 350Z had cold syncro issues and it seems to be similar to what the 370Z cars are experiencing. I put a little prolong tranny oil in my 350Z and it helped. I also installed a B&M short shifter and it helped too.

I chose a auto this time because the Z has become my DD and the traffic is true stop and go around here. I just leave it in auto for my 1hr commute, turn on the tunes and life is good again without having to work after I get off work.

Take a close look at the S7 Auto.... Spend some time test driving one. Like a couple of hours. You'll be impressed. I find that coming of the line is left hand turn with my right hand on the floor stick and tapping it into second then bringing my hands to the steering wheel and using the paddle shifters to go through 3,4 and maybe 5th if I need it give my one heck of a quick get away without tire smoke or anything. It's amazing. At the same time it's smooth throughout the whole ordeal unlike the loading and unloading the a manual car has doing the same. Upshift is the corners at 1g are difficult to keep feet planted etc... in a S7 your left foot can be left on the dead pedal and your firm in your seat... The auto has been proven to be quicker 0-60 and as far as I can tell it doesn't short you on fun unless you just leave it in drive. Sometimes that is a good thing.

Like I said don't let the grind issue scare you away from a manual especially with the rev matching .... But, please test drive an auto. It will impress you if you spend a little time with it. Don't forget it takes time to adjust to your driving style so.... drive it hard and drive it easy to get a good feel for it.

Enjoy the ride....
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote