View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
I take my own oil, they install their filter and change the oil for $18.
I have to believe the $90 dollar changes you're speaking of are the Nissan Ester Oil, which is a $14-15 per quart.
Yep, Ester Oil Changes run me $85. Parts are $67. Ends up being a $18 oil change. Heck... The car run smoothly... I believe, if my reasearch is right you might experience valve train noise if you use Mobil 1 etc... I think Amisol, Castrol have more Ester properties in them. I might give that a try after I get 10K on the car or so... I only have about 2500 miles on the car and wanted to do a factory fill change after 1500 to get oil shaving out of the motor etc...

I noticed a bunch of black material on dip stick even after oil change... Wtf ??? So, I went back to the dealership to see if they even changed the oil. We could tell by the marks on the bolts etc that it had been done.

During the process I checked a bunch of Z's on the lot. The dip sticks all had some blackish material on them. I believe this is break in lube making it up on to the dip stick. Any one else with same experience? I checked dip stick just now.... and blackish material all gone. Plus, I noticed one more thing that I like about this car over my old 350Z. The dip stick is straight and it easy to get it in and out of the dip stick holder unlike the old 350Z. That one bent all over the place and would take two or three tires to get it back in properly. You never really knew if you had a proper oil reading because it would scrap the oil off of the side of the dip stick tube.

I love my 370Z more and more each day... More than my Vette.. well, as a daily driver yes. But, as a long distance road car with the wife... The Vette is still better. I expect over the years to come the Z will hold up a lot better. I'll deal with that down the road.

Sorry for the banter but, I always wondered about these things and thought I'd post up my honest thoughts for those thinking the same thing.

Excuse the extended post.... Enjoy the ride !!!

Last edited by Mecinoid; 12-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote