View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Don't know the status of the GT-R or other PDK/DSG-type transmissions on the automatic downshifts. However, on our 7AT it's really more of a help than a hinderance. If you're actively managing your downshifts you'll be hitting that button way before the TCM does it for you. The TCM downshifts at a pathetically low RPM just to prevent a long-period loss of lockup (or for that matter, engine shutoff eventually) due to low RPMs. If you're not actively managing downshifts (e.g. coming down to a red light in normal everyday street traffic), just let it do its thing and it'll keep you in the right gear for a very mild and fuel-efficient takeoff when traffic starts moving again
That's how I see it too, and I'm fine with it. I have had other semi autos that didn't down shift until you were at about idle, and then it went immediately to first -- I liked that better, but I can certainly accept this.