View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
I buy this... that is about how I see it happening.. a single hiccup and then you over it. But the map takes time to populate the new data so that could take a few minutes. I know that in 10 minutes time my shift points have completely reset to my driving style if I stay in that style. You do bursting and it tends to confuse the mapping a bit and give you weird outcomes to the shifting map. Only my opinion... However, that how it seems to work for me.

Try to stay in one driving style or the other for more than 10 minutes and it will be more apparent to you I think.

This is why at the track you want to take some practice laps.... to get to all set in.
Your analysis is spot on. On the track though. The weird thing about the Z is this. If you drive hyper-aggressive, like on a track. The Z will read you in seconds over minutes. There something about street driving that changes the Z from reading you quickly. Its like that tranny wwas designed to work on the track. Give it a whirl and let me know.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote