Thread: New nismo owner
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pelican170
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370z Nismo
Pelican170 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
Welcome and great choice in the car.
What color?

I think like Pelican mentioned above you will hear many different opinions on what's best. At the end of the day it's more a personal choice. IMO, if you get intakes do not get short ram. I got the stillen gen III intake becuase that has the most proven gains and I like the way they look in the engine bay.

FYI: They do not get hot, even after lots of driving. I have only seen one person claim their's was hot and I think there was something wrong.

Post MAF tubes and drop in air filters seem to be another popular option. They do not add as much power but they are a good bang/$. The stock intake is not horrible so this mod is good as well.

Once you do multiple mods the effects of the intakes is not so noticeable. If you search the forum you can find a lot of info about intakes and even more about exhausts. Youtube videos can show the sounds.
Sorry and not to be rude, but this i do not believe. Even my HPS silicone tubes are hot after driving. Take it for a drive for 30 mins and open the hood and put your hand on the tube, it will be super hot.