View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #35 (permalink)
nmjaxx9
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
nmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud ofnmjaxx9 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
Lebron is not an underdog by any stretch of the imagination.

He is one of the most hyped basketball players of all time. They were hyping him in high school. And, to his credit, he has backed most of that up with his play. I don't think he's overrated from a talent perspective, but it's patently ridiculous to call him an underdog.

Whether or not he ever wins a title, he'll be a HoF-er at this rate. If he adds titles to the resume, he'll be talked about as one of the best ever.

I don't like how he handles himself on a personal level, but he's got skills on a court.
I was referring to his career after he moved from Cleveland to the Heat. Thats when most of the bashing about him being overrated and all that came to its peak. Everyone wanted him to do bad, and in a recent interview he even admitted his performance in the 11 finals wasn't his best. But as I said, that is not his fault. So in that sense he is a underdog because although people say that he is great, there are a lot more naysayers about his talent, and people who overlook his abilities and skills just because he doesnt have a championship ring. When in reality he already has proven his skills, and he doesn't need a ring to establish that.

Thats what I like about James though, even with all the bashing he has gotten (mostly by sour clevland fans) he still admitted his wrongs, said he was playing more angry because of it, and it affected his overall in game performance. Outlining your own mistakes is a good way to start if you are going to gain back fans you have lost due to a personal decision. Hopefully, he can get back to playing like he was when he was in 09-10'
nmjaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote