Thread: Crunch on 2nd
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZee View Post
Guys this is really sounding like the normal tranny operation for the 370Z, there are a lot of posts on the board regarding this. Some Red Line tranny oil might help but isn't necessary.
The 6MT in my 350Z acted like that until a couple miles down the road and the oil in the tranny would warm up. I used to sit in the driveway and let the motor run in neutral with clutch out for about 2-3 minutes before cold morning drives and I didn't feel the notchiness or hear the noise as much. Once the tranny was warm... Not a problem. As the tranny broke in over the years it was less and less .... but, always there when it was bone cold and had sat over night especially outdoors.

I did see noticable improvement by draining out 1/2cup of tranny oil and replacing it with Prolong transmission oil. However, do not use the full 8oz. In other cars it made it so slippery that the syncros started to grind. A little bit of fiction is required on manual transmissions for syncro alignment I was told.

Last edited by Mecinoid; 12-08-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote