View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
pedZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Tour/Spt/Nav/6MT
pedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond reputepedZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
the steering lock device, if it fails to unlock, will prevent you from starting your car. the BCM gets an error message and your intelligent key light comes on your cluster. there's been many cases of this happening randomly to 2009 owners.

root cause is unknown, other then the lock appears to seize. but if this happens to someone, first try unplugging your battery. leave it off for a few min. low battery charge might be the first contributer to the problem. even try charging your battery for a few min if available.

if that doesnt work, do the edmunds trick of unlocking steering column and just bang the hell out of it moving it up and own. it could release the lock from its seized state. they had this problem on their tester GTR and this worked for them.

if that doesnt work you're out of luck. you need to replace the lock.
and that lock is wat's coming to me. (btw, my car has not had this problem, just me being proactive).
Thanks for explaining Kenchan.