View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Wstar and wwjd are the only guys I know that track autos...might read their threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
First track day at Big Willow. I managed a lap time of 1:36. I could push the car a bit harder if my didn't have rear spacers. I think 1:34 is capable for the stock form.

pros:
- Z1 coolers.
They worked like magic!
- Sport BBK and Endless MX72 pads
Very good.
- Chassis
From the stock form, the car is a bit under during high speed cornering and very stable during any type of turns. The only downside is a bit more body roll. I'm sure camber and front sway bar can get all these fixed. One of the best chassis out of the box.

cons:
- auto tranny.
The tranny is no good for racing. It wouldn't shift when the car is corning, or braking. The only way you can down shifting is when you doing northing with the car. SUCKS!!! Hopefully someone come out with some tranny software tuning.
- H&R rear spacers.
The worst product and the biggest mistake I ever made. They kept losing for entire day. I could drive more than 2 laps and came to the pit to re-torque them.
- RE050A pole position
These tires are OK, the grip is actually good. However, they can't handle heat. Normally 3 laps is OK, after that, they start to get slippery.
- Top end power delivery
The power is great in first 4th gears, but 5th gear and above has no power at all. I was doing 106-110 mph when exiting turn 9 at Big Willow, at the end of the long straight away, I could only get the car up to 122-123 mph range. WTF.

UPDATED with lap time sheet. Forget the list of the car, I was originally signed up both days for my M3, but unfortunately the M3 had technical issue on Sat. so I had to take the M3 back and drove the Z on Sun.

IMO, the auto in the z still doesn't hit as hard or give as much control as I want...BUT, if I was going to buy another z, it would probably be an auto, mostly due to disappointment with the 6mt.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote