View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRay6 View Post
Just wanted to share that I changed the engine oil at 1600 miles (wanted to do it at 1k miles but didn't work out as planned). I was surprised that only 4 qts came out of my car with only 1600 miles.

I used the Nissan Ester based oil, Nissan oil filter, and added a magnetic drain plug. I read about the Ester oil and I must say the car runs so much smoother. I was surprised to notice such a big difference, but I'm very impressed and happy with this oil. I have never done an oil change and felt this much difference. I highly recommend using this oil.

I read to keep the Nissan Ester oil until about 15k miles and then change to whatever else I want...is this what others did? I'm thinking about using Mobil 0w-40 or Eneos (readily available to me). Won't worry about it until the time comes.

Stock transmission fluid was still very clean but I changed it with Redline MT-85 oil. Only 2.5 qts came out and I was surprised that my engine and transmission was not filled completely from the dealer. I ended up putting in 3.5 qts of MT-85, But I think 3 qts is perfect because the extra .5 qt (estimated) ended up draining out after I lowered the car to let excess drain out the fill hole.

The diff oil was completely dirty and I'm glad I did it. I filled it up with about 1.5 +/- qts of Redline 75w-90 gear oil.

Car runs so much better but I'm not sure I feel much from the transmission/diff change.

-Ray
The engine was probably correctly filled and just burned a bit of oil on break-in. This is normal. My Z06 did the same thing.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote