View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
TeamARK
Track Member

Drives: Black 350z/370z
TeamARK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimosis View Post
Just out of curiosity, why does everyone rave about the tone being deeper? Not in the context of this exhaust, but imports in general?

We all know why Americans V8's have a deep sound: big pistons and long stroke.

When you take a small displacement engine and try to make it sound deep it doesn't really add any aural appeal... to me anyways. Taking this concept to an extreme and you get the 1.5 liter Honda Civic with the fart can muffler.

High pitch is sexy cool. Think Lambo and Ferrari. The 370z with the rev limiter reset to 8,000 is a beautiful thing. I wish my exhaust had a higher pitch to make it have a more exotic sound.
Just for reference, for imports to get a similar tone as lambos and ferrari's is impossible due to the fact that the noise is generated mainly from the engine. There are exhaust out there that can make it scream at high RPM's, however it will never be like the ferrari's. One of the reasons why high pitch exhaust are know to be inferior is due to the low end quality metal it is made with. This causes that ricey raspiness as well as crazy drone throughout the whole RPM band.

We believe that with the 370z engine and our exhaust put together creates a very exotic exhaust tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
I absolutely love the low grumble of a big V8 at idle, high pitched whines sound too ricey to me. ARK, is there any possibility that you guys could make a vid of how it might sound with HFC's? Im looking forward to hearing how it sounds from inside at WOT. Ive narrowed my choices down to yours or Stillens. Would it be safe to say we could see comparable gains to the other systems out? Avg seems to be 15hp.
Once the exhaust is complete we will look into downpipes headers and HFC's. We will provide videos for all of our product lines. Once our final product comes in, it is going straight to the dyno and then released to the community.
TeamARK is offline   Reply With Quote