Thread: Really Pissed!!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alchemy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to acquire tickets
Alchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond reputeAlchemy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
If they ever release a 2+2 version of the 370Z and you bought one with an automatic, it would be a girl's car.
For those of you too young to remember the late 70's saw the 260 or 280Z turned into an abomination as described above. We used to call them "secretary specials" because that's who were buying them all. The Miata has also morphed into a chickmobile because it's so "cute".
Tell your friend to STFU and go out an buy a Mustang to prove his manliness.
Or hickness.

My father, a die hard Corvette guy, used to call my MOTHERS '84 300zx a "doctors sports car". Always kinda clowned it a little but admitted it out cornered a Vette. That 84 300zx spawned my love for Z cars. We had previously owned a 280, again my mothers, but I was to young to really remember it. As per my family you would think the Z was a chicks car Ill tell you this though, my mom used to pound gears and rip turns. Super aggressive woman driver, and always in control, as hard as that may be to believe They have both since passed and when considering what to spend a bit of the "family cash" on I didnt hesitate. It HAD to be a 370z. Its not my first Z, after she passed I inherited that 84 300zx, where I really connected with the Datsun/ Nissan as it was badged. After that its been only Z's for this guy. I have owned many, actually its the first car I ever owned and the only sports car moniker Ive ever personally owned. Im getting a bit off topic, I apologize for the rambling on, but thats just a little glimps into the life of a long-life Z owner....