View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardturtle View Post
I'm going to give you some advice that you should really listen to for your own good.

If you don't know that a turbo setup replaces the intakes on your car, DO NOT TURBO YOUR CAR.

You seriously have a lot of ish to learn. No offense, but you clearly have little to no insight on how a turbo setup works, and you're asking for a lot of headaches if you jump into this before doing the proper research.

I spent 2 years reading and learning about turbos before I did it to my car, and I'm glad I did. If you just jump into it clueless, you're going to face a lot of really rough crap.
I actually agree with this. Unless you have a good grasp of how the setup works, you'll be in for a nightmare, or you'll be paying for a shop to fix all the little issues, which will cost a fortune.

It is especially important to understand how a car works as a whole--the need for proper tires, diff, and a dyno tune all wrap into that.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote