Thread: Really Pissed!!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
bjblackout
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370Z
bjblackout will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Really Pissed!!

I hope I am posting this in the right forum but here goes.

So I am at dinner Saturday night with my wife and two other couples. One of the guys there I consider a great friend but I wanted to share just a little of our conversation over dinner that night.

I won't bore you with all of the conversation but let me start by saying I am a new Z owner for two weeks now. I bought a 2009 and absolutely love it. Let me also say I 38 years old and am 6 foot 1 and about 240lbs. My purchase of the Z came up in the conversation at dinner somehow and my "good friend" proceeds to say that the Z is a girls car.I have to tell you this kind of got under my skin immediately and the reason I am posting this is because I have thought about it ever since. I am the type of guy that is happy for you no matter what. I was brought up to not say anything if you have nothing nice to say. Your purchase could be the most hideous thing ever but I will congratulate you on it if it makes you happy. He also went on to say that the Bose surround sound I bought is over priced and not worth the money but thats for another forum.

When he commented on the Z being a girls car I let it go as to not make a scene at dinner but again I am posting because I am really bothered by the whole thing. Sorry for venting on here guys but I have to ask two questions.

Does a real friend really say these things?

What would your response to this be?

Thanks in advance everyone for letting me vent!!