View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
RiCharlie
Track Member

Drives: 370 Touring Spt A/t
RiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really niceRiCharlie is just really nice

I got mine Fall of last year. sport package and auto transmission. I use the paddle shifters on the highway and auto in the city so, to me, its the best of both worlds.

So far I have nearly 18,000 miles on it. There are no shakes or rattles. If you are used to a sedan you may not like this as the ride is going to be harsher and the noise is definitely a problem not only for me but for dozens of car reviewers. Check the post Cabin Noise. Somewhere within there is a post quoting a number of reviewers. It may not be a problem for you but just beware ...also know that if you add sound dampening to the hatch and doors, the problem is greatly lessened,,in fact its hardly a problem at all for me anymore..But its still a sports car and not a Mercedes sedan.

I would think you might be happier with the Maxima. Its quiet and puts more emphasis on comfort which you may be used to considering what you have driven before.

In any event, just remember not to get all excited about one aspect of the car and overlook the others. Kind of like falling in love with a woman with big hooters and then realizing she is a spoiled brat! Hopefully you realize that before its too late!! (Not that anything like that has ever happened to me....!)

I would make a list of things that I was looking for in a car and rate each according to its importance and bring it with me to the dealer just so you dont get carried away with any one aspect and overlook the others.

One Hyundai dealer gave me a Genesis coup to try for a full day and even overnight. .Good thing he did! I started off loving the car but after a while the flaws began to show and I did not buy it..Maybe you can get the same trial from a dealer or rent one for a day...

Good luck!
RiCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote