View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

1 - I never bring old trophies and honestly it has no change on judging a car. If people want to bring old ones fine, but honestly take a look at some of them next time. I have seen everything from local high school trophies to ones the person bought to just 'have a trophy.'
2- If the hood is not open then they do not get the points for engine bay that are possible, also, some people do not show off their engine bay other than for the judge. So this one is hard to know if they just keep closed so people do not steal things.
3 - This one can be tough which is why shows have 'wild' categories where those cars can go. Also I enjoy seeing trophies for the 'daily driver' cars, I know a guy with a s2k with turbo, track wing, etc. who daily drives his car. Takes it to the track when he can and such.
4 - This is a hard one, it comes down to what the 'purpose' of the car is. Is it a true show car or is it a drivers car.

Honestly judging is so worthless I do not care. There are premade plans for numbers and rankings but most of that gets thrown out for any shows. I have been to shows where the 'winners' were picked as they rolled in, the judging was just to make it seem 'fair.'
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote