View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #61 (permalink)
sfearl1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 FBO E85 GTR
sfearl1 has a spectacular aura aboutsfearl1 has a spectacular aura aboutsfearl1 has a spectacular aura about

I was in a similar boat last february. My 350Z was totaled after an accident on the hwy involving an eighteen wheeler and bad weather. You can take a closer look here if you want...

The saddest day of my life. Z totaled - MY350Z.COM Forums

Long story short, I chose to move to a 2011 Evo X. I figured it was a forward movement in performance from a Z, with the bling factor of a brand new car, that also provided utility to drive year round. It was a blast to drive - stage 2 mods/tune, a few aesthetic mods, and it was pretty damn quick. After 7-8 months of "buzzing" around in it though, I had grown tired of the teenagers trying to race me, the cheap plastic interior, the lack of a 6th gear for highway driving, and the overall boy racer image you mentioned earlier - it just wasn't me. I decided about a month ago to come back to what I was used to - the Z car. I couldn't be happier with my decision. The Z just fits me better. Funny thing is, I was doubting the 350Z prior to the accident - whether or not I wanted to keep it or move on to something else. This last year proved to me the grass isn't always greener. For the price, the Z is the car to get (if you don't like Mustangs). If you're anything like me (a "Z guy"), I'd say get back into one asap. You'll be happier in the long run. My vote is the Nismo.