View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #1003 (permalink)
AlphaSnacks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 XKR-S, '10 370Z
AlphaSnacks is on a distinguished road

Regarding the wool:

I was forced to do some custom fabrication to my ART Pipes, because they did not come with a bracket. Unfortunately, simply welding a bracket would not suffice, because the J-bung for the O2 sensor hung too low, thus it would not allow the OEM brace that holds the OEM cats to be used. So the bung was cut, angled upward, and rewelded on. I had noticed that the hole that feeds air to the J-bung was so, so sooooo tiny - roughly the size of an ant in width, which explains why ART Pipes can trigger CELs. Seriously, you'd be hard pressed to stick a grain of rice through it. That coupled with the enormous amount of wool stuffed into the bung made it clear why I started getting CELs.

Btw: Performance Motorsport did an absolutely astonishing job with the welding and fabbing. They TIG welded practically everything for me, and all of the cuts, bends, and etc. look damn near factory finish. The vibration in my shifter is now completely gone, and even though I still have a bit of an exhaust leak in the flex area of my exhaust, because there is more rigidity the exhaust leak isn't opening much so the leak has gotten a bit quieter and less annoying. Still, I'm awaiting on my new flex sections - someone from Invidia sent me a pair from a G37 sedan stupidly (they're completely different in size, length, and even design). I was so pissed when we realized it at the shop. And 370Z replacements won't be available for another 2 weeks.

Last edited by AlphaSnacks; 12-02-2011 at 10:20 PM.
AlphaSnacks is offline   Reply With Quote