View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

C5 interior... its not really the overall shape/lines that make it feel cheaper. I think that if you squint your eyes so tight that its hard to see, that the C5 interior looks as great as any other.

Its more of the final feel. The knobs, buttons, handles... the feel of the materials to the touch. Something about the C5 interior makes it feel very play-skool to me. Like it was designed to be easy to wipe clean in the event of projectile vomiting. Every last detail is so rounded off on the edges that it feels like being in a padded room for crazy people.

its overall shape and look is pleasing... just lacks any refinement. I used to daily drive a 2003 S10 ZR2. The C5 interior is like a sporty shaped version of that. Its also rather crickety and creeky if I recall, but its been a while since Ive been in a C5.

Being a sports car for the purpose of being fast and fun to drive, the interior is not a killer for me. I have thought many times about building a twin turbo C5 Z06. I cant really explain why I never did, I really like a nice dark blue C5 Z06... I love them. Its just, for some reason, not me.