View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #80 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
thedreamer, its pretty safe to assume they didnt start with a 370z that had 240 hp, since this is an machine built assembly line motor. pretty confident somewhere around what 99% of them make, aside from the nismo model like mine.... but even then its just a simple matter of average subtraction. my engine dynod at 368.5 crank. and most base/sports are about 350 crank. THATS where i got the number of 300 RWHP, because thats what just a bit lower then mine. YES i was guessing, but i was using common sense. if you have a 370 that makes 240 rwhp somethings wrong, you got f u c k e d. so 45 came from the 414 and my 368, i was assuming that was CRANK horse, because otherwise they would be lying because its not even making the advertised 500. even then.... using the same % loss from our base motor, take mine for example, 368 to 300-305 roughly rwhp and thats using MORE then 15% loss. if it makes 414, it wouldnt make 500 crank. using that 15% loss thing you mentioned that means it would make 476 crank HP use a ******* calulator, NOT the advertised 500. yes i know theres variables and i would like to know them. but it just doesnt make sense if you just USE MATH. it doesnt matter what that motor DID make before, its all a matter of percentage.

and if you read, i was ASKING about those claims. you see them all over youtube and other forums, i clearly didnt say it like it was fact, or even that i believed it myself..... sorry for the misunderstanding, but im pretty sure i made that clear. i was asking because i was thinking they DONT make that much.
So much wrong in this post all I can do is this: