View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #76 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

true that.

Q about the SC though, i was pokin around GTM's site and looking at the "power packages" just to see all the different variations they have available (i know you can make your own) and i looked at a couple of the SC. they were 500hp packages, and the dyno graph showed 414 hp for the SC 500hp package, and it shows 583hp for the TT 500 hp package. both are stage 1 and they both cost but a few hundred in difference depending on the other **** you get........ but wait a second.... if there talking about engine horsepower then the SC isnt even making the claimed 500, and the TT is making MORE. but if they are talking WHP then that means the SC probably isnt even MAKING 500 crank and the TT should be in the 600 hp package because if its making 583 whp its well over 600 crank...... WTF i think there just pulling there naming system on the packages out of there ***. ether way, the SC isnt even making the rated, sold as, power...... that bugs me.

typo, lies, or whatever it is aside..... the SC is still far from justified for its price tag. lets pretend they ment crank hp. so a 8k S1 SC just gave me...... drum roll..... 45 horse crank. thats retarded. now, giving them the benifit of the doubt and assuming its talking WHP it still only gives a PEAK increase of roughly 105-110hp. STILL not really justified. and based on that weird comparison to the TT setup numbers they have.... i really do think there talking crank horses. so if this is true, MY GOD the tt is the obvious choice.... its the same amount and gives you almost double the grrr. yes more complicated, yes it sounds..... ******* stupid, but i would rather spend my 8k on 275hp instead of 110. can someone clarify those numbers a little for me? i want to know what those SC can actually do. ive heard claims in the 480-500 WHP range, is this true?

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/images/...29_dyno250.JPG

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/images/..._PSI__copy.jpg

mind you, they are DIFFERENT kits so ignor the price, they come with clutch, traction control and all kinds of other ****. im just talking about the TT and SC themselves. seems odd.

and yes, i noticed the octane difference. it doesnt make much of a difference in raw HP. i run turbo blue in my race car and i can tell you its not 100+ hp of a difference from pump gas. its more like 10.

Last edited by chii370; 12-02-2011 at 04:32 PM.