View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #282 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Go with the 6MT if you're gonna do forced induction, or upgrading the 7AT to match will likely double the cost. If you don't mind losing the nostalgia of working the clutch (and hell with SRM you've already lost heel-toe unless you just really want to disable SRM and DIY), the 7AT works great on the track. My POV on this is there's 10,000 other things I need to focus on and learn about track driving, and that clutch being out of the picture is just one less to worry about. Every time I've been out, I get at least 1 manual driver coming up to me after a session and asking about it enviously, because they were behind me for a downshift into a corner, e.g. this one:

Youtube video: TDE MSR-Houston Nov 6 2011 - YouTube
The only thing the auto needs are stronger clutches and transmission cooler. It doesn't need much more as long as you are staying at around 550hp at the crank.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote