View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
kuriz32
Base Member

Drives: 300ZX TT, 350z Nismo
kuriz32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverZ34 View Post
I was able to get the R1000 $500 below your price and shipped out in 2 days and arrived in 48 hours at the nearest airport. I would support you guys if you guys dropped price a bit. There's discount from amuse as soon as you say you are a retailer and u guys are distributor. And you still add stiff amount on top. I'm sure you guys are at least making 60% and creating all these "JDM" myth.
And that's not fair for the consumers.
That doesn't really make sense. If you bought the R1000 new, it should have cost you at least $2000 (even if you bought it at the better exchange rates of last year), as it's 179,000 JPY. At the current rates, if you do a direct conversion with no shipping costs or duties it's $2355.26 (370ztune is selling it for $2350 on their site), so I'm confused how you paid $500 less than that. Either you bought a used exhaust, or you just got a really really really good deal.

By the way, most aftermarket parts companies don't make much money (less than 25% before credit card fees and overhead), especially with JDM stuff. There was actually a really good thread on the GT-R boards about this:
VENDORS - POST PRICES! - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club
kuriz32 is offline   Reply With Quote