View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 04:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
need4speed
Base Member

Drives: 08 altima 3.5se
need4speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheth View Post
AK posted this information in a post about all of Nissan's 2010 for all models. The upgraded nav not to sure about but they are changing ipod connectivity to usb connectivity possibly could just hook up a hard drive with music or movies would be nice. But really most of these additions can probably be fitted to the 09's including the heated mirrors. This is probably where the price between 09 and 10 will come in at.
Ok my bad that I haven't seen this thread posted by AK. Oh well hang me!
But the point for writing the thread wasn't for current owners to cry about how these parts can retrofit. And at a major premium I'm sure.
Its for those who wanna buy the Z n haven't done so yet.

Something not mentioned in this article I posted is the addition of 2 COLORS;
Black Cherry and 40th anniversary Graphite. Which looks like a charcoal grey.
Being that yellow n blue on this Z are sissy colors. And the other 5 colors are very nice but extremely common. This information further increases my reasons for wanting a 2010.
Another cool thing is the 40th red leather. Now red interiors. Lol that can go either way.
But its good that nissan is diversifying for different tastes.

What I wish they had but I will retrofit myself is a back up camera.
This car needs it bad. As well as lane fx mirrors. The mirrors on the Z are good but the lane fx works with your signal light to reposition your mirror to see better at the blind spot. It also comes with a button to check your blind spot while u r driving straight but want to know wats around u. I dunno bout u guys but I don't wanna be responsible for hittin any lil kids. N I think nissan waz very irresponsible to make such a can't see rear n not put a back up camera on at least the base n touring at minimal as an option.
The only car that has an excuse not to have it is the NISMO!

And lastly as for cost. Nissan usually alternates price increases between $100 and $900
A year depending.
Now the paint is a cost option. So figure $500 for that.
The nav I'm sure won't change in price. Its just keeping up with the times.
You might see $ on the base $100 to $29,130 or in that range. For the next 2 years. It wll be in Nissans best interest to stay with that sub 30k base price.
With the economy right now they still need this car to be affordable to the people that made it an icon. The minority lower middle class.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote