View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
The OEM battery, as usual, is overpriced crap. It's a 36 month battery that barely makes it that far.
I put an Optima in my 350z that I bought direct from Optima for $150, which was about $40+ less than Autozone for the same battery. It was a 5 year battery if I remember correctly.

my G35C is a 2004 (im the original owner) and have not switched out the battery... i understand some can be defective out of the box, but most of my factory batteries lasted minimum 6yrs. out of the 20+ new cars ive owned only 2 had weak batteries that were replaced within 2yrs under warranty.

the trick has been to keep the battery well charged at all times and keep it away from super hot conditions.

as we speak im trying to revive an old yellow top i bought 8-9yrs ago that have not been charged... per optima, they commented that if i use a AGM compatible charger i should be able to get it up and running again. keeping my fingers crossed. it's been accepting a 0.75A charge since 4days ago... hoping for full charge by tomorrow (5 days). and will check cca.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote