View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mandingo
Track Member

Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
The Dremel #115 cutting bit is the easiest to do this with, IMO, but it's very similar to the #117 pictured above. It tears right through like butter. Pretty cheap, also.

Thats the bit I used. I remember people suggesting in another thread that a bit for this application would cost around $50. Not the case at all. Lowes or HD have these little bits for $8 if I remember correctly.

I would like to reiterate the eye protection suggestion.

Its important that you use something that wraps around and protects the eye from all sides. Like the OP said, these little shards go flying all over the place and they can find their way into any little opening. I used goggles like these:

One sliver still managed to get through one of the vents and, with my terrible luck, landed right in the corner of my eye. Hurt like hell because it was sharp and HOT! lol. I decided to tape the little vents closed for the rest of the job and take breaks every couple minutes to defog the lenses.

Last edited by Mandingo; 12-01-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Mandingo is offline   Reply With Quote