View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
davidyan
Base Member

Drives: PG 370Z Sport 6MT
davidyan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Can anyone help me decipher what the service manual lists the recommended torque to be for the the tranny and rear diff filler and drain lugs?

For the tranny, it says 34.5(3.5, 25) and for the rear diff 35(3.6, 26). No where does it list units for any of these numbers. I just want to torque them correctly for my oil changes on Sunday. Which one is the value in ft-lbs...I'm guessing the first...

Thanks
It doesn't need to be that precise to the foot pound. 1) hand tighten it; 2) using a socket wrench make it snug so that there is solid resistance without pulling too hard. DO NOT overtorque this bolt. If you strip the threads, it could be a very expensive fix. Have you ever changed your own oil? The bolt should be about as tight as that or just a little more. Make sure you put in a new washer.

Also, I just noticed on the lower part of the diagram you posted, the torque reference is right there. Click on it. However, the number you posted (34 - 35) is probably in NM given how Nissan quotes their torque specs in which case would convert to about 25 ft lbs, the last # before the last bracket.

Last edited by davidyan; 08-07-2009 at 11:18 PM.
davidyan is offline   Reply With Quote