View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #107 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
So umm....just a quick question. Am I the only one that uses the ContourHD instead of the Go Pro? I only use it from inside though, so not trying to accidently lose it lol
I like the ContourHD, a friend uses it to record his snowboarding adventures and the quality is pretty good. The street price is usually a fair bit cheaper as well which makes it a solid value. It is a little more compact which makes it good for helmet mounting. The downside is that because of the tiny size the battery is slightly smaller (and no battery pack option) and it uses microSD instead of regular SD. microSD isn't a huge issue, just a minor annoyance to use an adapter to stick in the laptop. It also uses a fixed 135 degrees instead of selectable like the GoPro (via resolution setting). Both cameras suck for audio and wind noise.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each, I think that GoPro sells more units mainly because they have better marketing and created packages targeted to particular market segments (motorsports, biking etc).