View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaughman22 View Post
I own both a new evo and a 2010 Z, yes interior is better in the Z but the performance is so much better in the evo. I can track my evo with the alot more confidence rain or shine whereas my Z im always worried with grip. Depends on what aspect your going for you it seems youll like the Z more
Honest representation. I've seen the numbers and reviews. The EVO is nice on the track. You have to throw it around a little more than the Z But, it comes back into line right after a powersliding turn so well.

The EVO X does so many things so well.... 4WD, Fast, 4Door for the family and is small for Gym parking spots.

In my case, my wife and I have a Maxima four door (only $28K). It is fast enough for a family car. My folks (no kids) would have a fit if I was to race around with them in the car anyways. I have a 370Z S7 for a daily comute car and it's quite fast and gets resonable mileage. My wife drives the Maxima most of the time. We love our Nissans and have had many of them. They are high quality and comfortable vehicles. Unlike our GM / Toyota / Chrysler Vehicles. Our Ford Motorhome quality is unbelievable and with a V10 that sucker moves.

For the weekend - The '03 Vette with a 6spd and few speed tricks is great. Or Supercharged Firebird with 6spd if I want to challenge the land speed record. However, with the big doors on those cars do not make it easy to park at the Gym. They like to pack us in and I always end up with a SUV that doesn't know how to park on each side of me. Not to mention I'm always on edge with such power in hand. In traffic, idle shift, idle shift. I can't even press down on the gas pedal really.

For snow country or when it gets really wet around here there is the JEEP with the HEMI in it. ;-) It wouldn't make a very good track vehicle though. Still loads of fun!

If I had a family / kids and only one car a Evo X would be a great all around car.

Point is - Make sure that going to a Z you don't give up the flexibility you may have had with the EVO. However, coming from 350Z like me and going back to 370Z like I did. I can see your point. I LOVE MY Z's All seven that I've owned throughout the years. There is just something about a Z. Nice and tight, quick with good gas mileage to boot. It's hard to beat on the fun factor scale. Even with a S7 it's a blast !!! I love to hear the S7 do the downshift for you. It's better than the manual because you can do it really fast. People outside must think I'm Michael Schumacher (Stig)
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote