View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #6864 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
so I was cleaning the car when I noticed that my left exhaust is abit lower than the one on the right so I went checking.

it broke right off. I don't know how long this has been like this since I only really noticed it now.

I hope I can go to tom on saturday to get it welded
This is very rare but has happened a few other times over the years. Maybe 5 or so that i can remember out of thousands of systems. Not bad odds but I always hate to see it, even when it is rare like this. If you were local I could fix it in five minutes.

It looks like it broke off on one side of the weld opposed to down the middle. Sometimes if a lot of stress is put on a weld the tubing that it is welded to will give out. Very hard track driving can cause this.

Whoever you decide to have fix it in Belgium tell them to do it like this.

-Support the muffler section back up in the exhaust cutout where you want it to live.

-With the hanger in the rubber, pre-load it by pulling down on it a little. This will allot for the weight of the muffler once it is welded. If you just rest it against the tip where it was and weld it, once the support under the muffler is removed, the weight of the muffler will cause it to sag a little lower than the other side.

-Weld the hanger down the rear side (closest to the back of the tip) and also across the bottom.

Good luck and If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask me...

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"

Last edited by F.I. Inc.; 11-29-2011 at 07:52 PM.