View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #50 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool UPDATE on Intake Tube Hoses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaGntlmn View Post
Anybody else run into this one?

I was attempting to install a set of K&N short intakes on my car this afternoon ('10 370z Tour/Sport), and everthing was going fine until it was time to connect the new intake tubes to the valve cover vents.
K&N thinks the hoses are one size, when in reality they are another size (i.e the hoses that they gave me are too small to fit on the valve cover vent connectors).
Anybody else run into this or have any suggestions??

And of course, now I have to spend part of tomorrow putting everything back to stock

Update: Saturday, 9/11/10
The key is 3 tries, a little bit of extra knowledge, boiling water, and liquid soap.
Before attaching the 1/2" hose to the 5/8" vent covers, put a little bit of liquid soap on the outside of the vent cover, and soak one end of the hose in boiling water for about a minute. You still have to work fast, but it can be done.
I just installed my Typhoon last night (11/28/11) - No issue with fitment of any of the hoses at all - no hot water, no soap, no trickery of any kind. All the hoses fit perfectly into whatever they were being connected to. I think K&N must have heard the cries of agony and remedied the problem with their new kits.

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote