View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #480 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Well for the past two days I have been down in sunny Southern California carting the 370Z around! First stop was yesterday to Berk Technology where some final adjustments were made to the exhaust system so they can get stared on production versions! We also took some launch and drive by videos that I should have up on YouTube Monday or Tuesday.

Today I spent virtually the entire day at Password:JDM. They do some of the best carbon fiber work I have seen to date and have an impressive operation going on. I first walked in to the showroom to see a few JDM styled Civics, but the real fun stuff came when I walked back into the shop area and was bombarded by probably the coolest looking Lamborghini Gallardo I have ever seen. The Mercialago and the R35 GTR were pretty nice too! I took a look at some finished products and they showed me the entire manufacturing process for their carbon stuff which is all done 100% in house from raw materials to packing and shipping. They also have machining tools to make other awesome products like strut tower braces, tow hooks, battery tie downs, shift knobs, etc. While I was there a customer brought in his R35 GTR to get a host of Password:JDM goodies put on including swapping a "competitors" carbon fiber hood for a Password:JDM one. It was incredible to see the differences with the two right next to eachother. The attention to detail that Password:JDM offers is incredible and my favorite part is that everything is real dry carbon and they don't do overlays. Their hoods are 100% dry carbon fiber with a quality and look better than any competitor's products I have seen.

I left my 370Z there with them where they will have their way with it for a month this go round and I am VERY excited to see the finished products. So far they are thinking of doing a handfull of small dress-up stuff first like carbon fiber engine covers, battery covers, brake fluid covers, radiator cooling panel, etc. They will hopefully also do a nice set of front canards for the stock bumper this round as well. I will start a full Password:JDM parts development thread here as soon as they finalize which of the products they will start working on first!

I will pick the car back up from them in a few weeks and proceed to install the crank pulley, new Carbotech brake pads, Challenge stainless steel brake lines, etc. and prep it for the Redline Time Attack at the end of September.
Function > Form