View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
N8GTOL
Base Member

Drives: and flies
N8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond reputeN8GTOL has a reputation beyond repute

I did my first track event earlier this month at Willow Springs (Big Willow Track). I was bone stock. My car came with the Nismo pads which are only a hair better than the standard sport pads. I had 2 bottles of Amsoil DOT4 on standby...I would have swapped the fluid before hand but ran out of time due to a minor shipping delay. Big Willow is a fast track but it isn't super brake intensive for a first timer despite getting up to 120mph a few times. Also, due to the lack of oil cooler I was pitting the car every 10-15 minutes to cool it down so I am sure this helped the brakes cool also. If I were to do it again I would swap the fluid and at the very least bring spare pads if not swapping out for better ones before hand. I made sure to turn VDC off the whole time too.

Have fun, and be safe! I saw a brand new SS camero go into a wall do to a fouled track so keep an eye out for anything abnormal conditions and flag workers and make sure to back off accordingly.
N8GTOL is offline   Reply With Quote