View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrasmiley View Post
Hi guys and gals of the forums,

OK, so I'll cut to the chase, I'm a deployed military member who is looking to internet purchase a Z without driving one and need some questions answered.
Snipping your questions a bit.

Price seems decent given the tax and shipping. I would be a bit concerned about the curb damage. yes they can be fixed but will it be to your satisfaction? The rims are not cheap to replace...you can find used sport wheels for 1200-1500 typically on the forum but helps to get them locally as shipping is expensive (and people seem hesitant to use escrow or other services to share risk)

We got our used 2010 in May but it only had 3K on the ticker. The camera feature was a 'meh' to me, not enough to warrant going with a new model year. I didn't realize the retro was possible...that is interesting

Top issues: there is an obvious pinch point IMHO. I see it on my car and have reported it to the dealer. one service manager was set to replace my top, but the new one does not agree. So I am just going to keep an eye on it, all I can do. Unlike my previous miata...I leave this top up when not in use as I think that is contributing to the pinching.

Trunk to me is not horrible, I have stuffed plenty into it. Space behind seats is usable for small bags and such as well.

Its not an insignificant purchase: there are cars out there for you so I suggest given some of the 'damage' on this one that you can't inspect prior to receipt, you wait until state side.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote