View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transmission Issue After Track Day

Well guys I just for done with a two day track weekend. Well on my last session of the day I was having problems with downshifting into third. It was grinding bad and would not go into gear. I would hold the clutch in threw the turn then reapply into third with better success. This happened a couple of laps.

Well when the run was over and I went to exit the course up the ramp in second gear it wouldn't go in. I had to stop. It would go into first this time. I had to slightly rev the motor and force it into gear. It hardly went in but got me back to the paddock. When there and stopped it wouldn't go into any gear at all. I tried every thing.

After letting it sit there for for five minutes it started to let some of the gears come back but hardly. Eventually with time the gears came back but not second. Second would go in hardly but when you released the clutch it would just grind and throw itself out. I decided I'd limp it home without second. On the way I got into some traffic and all the gears started to get a tad smoother. Even second. But still very much notchy. I did some downshifting and it doesn't play nice with doing that. Very notchy than standered shifting. Every gear is the same. Still notchy its like there something keeping it from sliding in. You can feel three different levels of resistance per each gear before it falls into place. I will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Also guys I don't have SRS and I had just put Redline fluid in it two weeks ago.

Last edited by SPOHN; 11-27-2011 at 04:46 PM.
SPOHN is offline   Reply With Quote