View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default sub box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggins3377 View Post
I'd be interested if the price is right. Personally I would like to see the box rise above the rear floor board (maybe to the height of the bar back there). It would be nice to get the box painted to match exterior etc. and to show off the craftsmanship.
The sub box would likely be somewhat lower than the aluminum cross bar. This would give approximately 8" interior height. This interior height should be adequate for a JL audio 8w7-3 sub (one of the larger 8" subs on the market and would be sized for its recommended enclosure volume being 0.875cu.ft.).

Personally, I am only adding a Alpine SWR-843D 8" sub so I only need the height for the diameter of the sub.

Regarding the caftsmanship of the sub box; it will likely be fiberglass with a basa core to make it light and keep the interior volume as large as possible.

Last edited by 37Z; 11-27-2011 at 03:15 PM.
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote