View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xtrasmiley
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster
Xtrasmiley is on a distinguished road
Default New member, ready to buy, some questions.

Hi guys and gals of the forums,

OK, so I'll cut to the chase, I'm a deployed military member who is looking to internet purchase a Z without driving one and need some questions answered.

1. 2010, Roadster, 21k miles, touring, sport, nav OTD $35,500 which includes the tax and shipping across the country. I tried to find one closer, but none had everything I wanted as far as options. Even as it is, I'm considering waiting for a 2011 to get the back up camera. But is the price good if I do pull the trigger? It's CPO and I'm trying to get them to throw in an extended warranty, waiting to hear.

2. Paint and top issues. Seems to be a few threads on problems. I won't be able to see the car before buying, but is it REALLY a problem? I mean when a company sells thousands of vehicles, some have problems, but is the Z paint going to crap out on me? The top tearing/creaking? I'm getting an almost 2 year old one, so would the problems have shown up by now?

3. I'm 6'3" but my legs are short and my torso is long. This results in my head touching the top of many roadsters and my eyesight being at the top of the windshield. I currently have a 2003 Z4 which is fine, but the seat can lower a lot and also lean back a lot. I do not fit in a TT, S2000 or Z3 very well. Does anyone have a link to a picture that shows the cut away and measurements of the seat? I'm also not clear if the touring's seats will lower much since they have the A/C seat thing built in, nor lean back since they have that super tall headrest area.

4. My Z4 is a daily driver and is perfectly fine, but although it is tiny as a car goes, the trunk is 10 cubic feet. I notice the 370 is only 4, WTH! Is this even doable as a DD?

5. I know the nav unit went through a major upgrade from 2009 to 2010. The car I'm looking at was built early 2009, although a 2010 model year (I don't even think there were roadsters in 2009, right?), will it be the 2010 nav or the 2009?

6. Three of the four sports package rims are curbed. The dealer says they have a rim guy who can make them look good again. Is this even possible with these types of rims? The car was a lease, but still, sheesh, you think whoever owned it would have been more careful with these beautiful rims...

I think this is all the questions I have right now. I appreciate all and any help you can provide. I'm a little nervous dropping this kind of coin sight unseen for a car, but I've always wanted a Z.

Last edited by Xtrasmiley; 11-27-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Xtrasmiley is offline   Reply With Quote