View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooskey View Post
I can kinda understand where the op is coming from. I use to deal in older muscle cars my self, so yes it would come across as simple. Yes we do have the technology to add big cubic inches and intake runners and valves and such, but the technology on the ecu and vvel is not there. Think about it though. If we can make almost 350 rwhp with bolt ons why couldnt we make almost 500 with 4.5 liter stroker. I believe that we could if there was a way to get more air to the engine via the intake side of things. If we cant change the vvel or the cam the only other thing that could be changed would be the essentric part of the valve train (part of valve train that actually makes contact with the valve steem). With new pistons, clearance wouldnt be a problem and you could controll the duration and lift with one single part. Once again it would cost alot just to test out a theory.
I just don't see 500whp coming out of an n/a 370z, regardless of what's done to the motor (assuming it's still the original modded motor, not an lsx swap etc). I think it's a question of diminishing returns to certain extent, increasing the displacement should, in theory gain hp, but beyond a certain point, not so much as to even make the effort ($$$) even remotely worth it.

In short, I can see 400whp with a stroked and massaged vq37 (n/a build) happening at some point but not more than that, def not more on pump gas.