View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ryan@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Evo 8/Evo 9 MR/GTR
Ryan@Forged is on a distinguished road

Another one of these threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan05 View Post
Who do you think will do better 0 to 60 runs and quarter miles and track times after engines are broken in? My friend keeps sayng evos will spank my nismo....i doubt it...just want to get you opinion...
Once modded not even a contest. Evo hands down, without a question. You doubt it? May want to look harder into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
The better driver.
Wrong, not when modded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabarivas View Post
Are you joking me? an evo + 1k = goodbye Z... no joke ... my evo X with the normal stage 1 cobb map w/ a cobb AP would destroy my Z and your nismo... Those things respond so well to boltons its not even funny...

Look at it like this... XTREMEBOOST had a full bolt on evo X (thats no tune / no fuel upgrades / no meth etc) that ran 11.9

You will need to be FI w/ about 15k in your car to be able to run that time... Goodluck

If he is stock it will be a drivers race - but he has his AWD launch which is awesome...

so here are your options:

If the Evo is stock - if you get a good launch your nismo will be ok (still close)
if he is modded at all - no hope at all for the Z

But if you were to open a 1/2 mile drag strip - your stock Z will destroy the Evo... they suck at putting power down up top.. and the run out of juice quickly - but when they have juice - you just cant eff w/ em...
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
This, end thread.
Wrong again.

Plain and simple, if you bring modding into the game it's not a drivers race, it's not really even a race. The Evo has launch control, AWD, and is more responsive to mods. Multiple 8 and 9 second 1/4 mile Evo's out there. It's easy to make a 10 second stock block Evo these days. If you want a drivers race do a fully built Z with TT vs a lightly modded Evo.