View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #66 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen128 View Post
Tell me what you know about 2.0 Gen's limit? Because none of what you just said holds any water. Btw, I'm pushing 21 psi and I'm fine. There are many on 3076 pushing 19 psi @ 400+ all day. And 29 psi? Wtf were you reading? lollol. The stock TD04 is only efficient to 21 psi. Transmission issues have been remedied for 2011/2012 models. Even if it blows, I'm not worried. 100k warranty is still intact.

$1,100 bucks for Stances will be good enough. Anything better would be $4,000 Cuscos.

4B11's can hold the power, but are you a good enough driver to use it properly?

Please do your research before you fill the forum with false information. Also do a track day and when a Miata/Civic passes you, don't look around like you don't know what happened because those cars don't "compare" to your Z. This isn't a **** size contest. Stop comparing numbers and 1/4 mile times to the track.

At the end of the day, driver mod > car. But this topic was about paper numbers not driving skill in the first place.
21psi on a td04? That's awesome, can it still only run 14's in a 1/4 mile? You said your turbo is "efficient" at 21psi. But I am willing to bet a dyno will show your powerband puking and dieing near redline. (Small worthless turbos tend to do that).

Looking over at the gencoupe site, I am not seeing a lot of "fast" or "nicely built" 2.0T gens. Most seem content running high 14's (and some aren't even able to break 100mph, when modded).

Let's be honest. The gencoupe was never comparable to the Z, outside of the fact it kind of looked like one, and was a coupe. Power wise, it's not there. Even with this upgrade, I doubt it will be there.

Posting videos of purely track cars vs daily drivers doesn't really prove anything performance wise.

I know you're trying to validate purchasing a gencoupe, and that's cool, but remember that you are one a forum with mainly Z drivers who could have easily bought gens if they thought they were worth the money...but, we didn't...
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote