View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #61 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsix View Post
I actually don't know Z history. My history with cars comes mostly from my Dad and the cars he drove while i was growing up. He claims his favorite was his 1984 Carrera Targa, but his best was Lexus LS400. He drove all sorts of different cars from different countries, but for sports cars he liked the 911.

As i grow older, i'm learning to appreciate different cars for what they are.

Certain cars appeal to different parts of the psyche, it seems.

The 370z is what attracted me to Z cars. I never knew about them before.
Not saying this with any douchebaggery at all. But you have to know the history of two cars before you compare and say one copies while the other is original. The Z is a copy. Its just when nissan makes a copy. They do it right!!!!! Its in good taste and more than palettable. The Z though has cues from several cars. Its been done to where you can appreciate the cars sense of individualism in spite of.
But the great part about forums. You enter green and leave with a PHD. Lol.

As for the gen owner that made previous statements about the Z's oil issue and stating it an unsuitable track car. Understand it costs the same to make the Z a suitable track car as it takes for the gen. Gen stock suspension really sucks around the track. Without a coilover the gen does nothing. Once you add a coilover and arms etc... the gen turns into a whole different animal. Stock gen tire width is not all that great for the track. Give it Z sized tires and grip sharply increases to help with better track numbers
These are areas where the Z is strong. The Z needs an oil cooler, granted. It needs new pads and heat dissipating rotors and lines. This is true. A bodykit that's ducted to assist in brake cooling is necessary. And it stops there. The Z b.kit would run around 2k, the line rotor pad set up around 1k and an oil cooler around 1k. That's 4k in mods.
For the gencoupe. An appropraite coilover is around 1.5k, proper wheels with matching sized tires are a 2.5k minimum. So theaverage cost is about the same for them to be equal in endurance and acceptable track performance.
As far as 2.0's running with 370z's??? I sincerely need to see that vid on you tube... 3.8's with full bolt ons can't run next to stock Z's. And modded 2.0's can't hold more than 360hp before the engine blows. The transmission implodes under hard use and seals break everywhere if boost goes over 18psi. The claimed 29psi boost limit is a gross exaggeration made by hyundai. Put a full bolted on Z on a 3/4 potential 2.0 (the gen limit b4 it implodes). The Z takes it. Even when overboosted the torque curve is short on a 2.0. Get an evo swap in a 2.0... then maybe we will see a gen run with a Z.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote