View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOne View Post
Here are a few reasons...

#1 Sidewall strength. You come from a stock RE050A and go to the Ventus V12 and it's night and day. The RE050A isn't really considered an awesome performing tire, but compared to the V12s.. they are awesome. You can feel the rear end sway and when going faster than 100mph it makes the car feel somewhat seriously unstable. Wet weather drive ability was also a little scary.

#2. Life. I had mine on for 6800 miles before they needed to be replaced. Never went to the track... just normal driving, with a few slides. I got 22k miles out of the stock RE050As.

#3. No rim guard. because they don't have it, it makes them look much larger when compared to the RE050A.

#4. Noise. These are terribly loud. Much worse than the stock REs.

For people that don't care about spending money on good stuff... I've learned my lesson the hard way with tires. $500 down the drain on these suckers. I bought a pair of Continental tires and am getting them mounted today. I'll let you know what I think of those.

Sounds like you may have had an off alignment with the v12's. The soft sidewall and low grip levels are definitely noticeable, but they are definitely quieter, and should last a lot longer than 7k.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote