View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
I was wondering recently about the Hankooks. They seem pretty well rated on Tire Rack. What's the general consensus? TypeOne, why dont you like them?
Here are a few reasons...

#1 Sidewall strength. You come from a stock RE050A and go to the Ventus V12 and it's night and day. The RE050A isn't really considered an awesome performing tire, but compared to the V12s.. they are awesome. You can feel the rear end sway and when going faster than 100mph it makes the car feel somewhat seriously unstable. Wet weather drive ability was also a little scary.

#2. Life. I had mine on for 6800 miles before they needed to be replaced. Never went to the track... just normal driving, with a few slides. I got 22k miles out of the stock RE050As.

#3. No rim guard. because they don't have it, it makes them look much larger when compared to the RE050A.

#4. Noise. These are terribly loud. Much worse than the stock REs.

For people that don't care about spending money on good stuff... I've learned my lesson the hard way with tires. $500 down the drain on these suckers. I bought a pair of Continental tires and am getting them mounted today. I'll let you know what I think of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
The V12s have very soft sidewalls. You lose a ton of steering feel with them. When you turn into a corner the tires roll over and then grip (they have decent grip) which lends itself to a mushy feel overall.

They are fine for many people that drive only on the street and don't push hard too often, but there are definitely better options out there for more enthusiastic drivers.

The pricing is hard to ignore, though.

Last edited by TypeOne; 11-22-2011 at 02:37 PM.
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote