Thread: HPDE Insurance
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
OK, so just to comment a bit more before I forget...

I was a bit shocked they let you go out solo w/o an instructor so soon. I have no doubt you were a bit nervous and that contributed to the slow driving...but I dont agree with sending someone out solo at their first HPDE at all.

But it was good to see your instructor appeared to be talking your ear off in the 2nd video, and from the little clips I saw, he was pushing you pretty good.

So, is it all done then? Only one day or two? And I saw no accidents so no insurance needed, right? lol. But Im sure you got your peace of mind and that was worth it enough for you. Tell us how YOU liked it - was I right on it being a bit easier to find "the limit" in the rain (granted, you dont have dry experience, but Im sure you know what I mean on how easy it was to find...) and do you feel you learned anything?
One day event. The insurance gave me the ability to focus on what was at hand and find limits. I had no accidents or spin outs. Once some body spun they were black flagged and had to come into the pits for a quick check and brief talking to.

I learned plenty. I'll write up the day over Thanksgiving vacation.

I loved it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HT4U0624.jpg (422.9 KB, 8 views)
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote