Thread: Gi joe
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future
Default Gi joe: The Rise of Cobra

so i just saw it. here's the deal i know from the trailers your thinking oh god its horrible and nothing like the GI JOE of my childhood. its directed by the dude who did mummy and van helsing..we screwed..... but if you leave those fan boy expectations that its gotta be exactly like the cartoon at home your gonna be pleasantly surprised. I was...

first of all yes its a reimagining of alot of the chracters of a 25 year old franchise some more than others...Cobra Commander is very different no slithering voice and hood and an actual back story... but all i will say is toward the end there are glimmers of hope of him becoming the leader weve all grown up with. the movie is called rise of Cobra for a reason...... it leaves you with thinking ok now we got the origin out of the way lets get to the sequel with Cobra really ******* the world up.

snake eyes and storm shadow are actually very close to perfect in the movie

overall the main themes are all there. lavish hideouts and bases all over the world... over complicated plots to take over that world ,lasers, vehicles on land sea air its all there. on the other hand the special effects are uneven at best and the self awareness that its a popcorn summer movie its very apparent.

bottom line i grew up on GI JOE and if you would have told me at 8 years old there would have been a live action movie one day i would have cried tears of joy . well the day is here and while its not exactly what my 8 year old self would have imagined its a sincere attempt with the best of intentions. michael bay you should be ashamed of your self for ruing transformers with horrible plots side characters and middle school toliet humor. GI JOE is the clear winner here in the battle of of the cartoons that made you buy the toys movies of your youth.

go see it you owe it to your 80's self

now you know

Last edited by MC; 08-07-2009 at 02:07 AM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote