View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg35s View Post
How much do the 4.08 gears cost with installation? How much will my 1/4 mile improve by? How much MPG will I be losing if I'm cruising on the highway?
The price depends if you end up buying all the bearings & seals etc with the gears. I've seen the gears go for $500 alone, and I've seen full install kits go for up to $900. Installation would probably be a few hundred bucks.

1/4 mile time improvement? After 2 nights at the track w/ the 4.08's, I haven't been able to beat my previous best of 12.89 @ 107 yet. Still figuring out how to launch the car with the gears, tires and alignment.

MPG loss on the highway? I went on a roadtrip as soon as I got the gears done. I averaged 22.9 MPG over the 400 miles, mostly 70mph driving. Usually I can average 24 to 25 MPG driving 70+ mph. So yes, you lose a few MPG's on the highway. How much exactly depends on your driving habits.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote