Thread: HPDE Insurance
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
My last track event was in the rain. I LOVED it. It has great benefits:

1) You arent pushing the car so hard, so your tires aren't going to be decimated
2) Its much easier to find "the limit" and stay there, so its great for learning car control and patience
3) You still feel like you're going balls-out just because its a bit slicker

Keep VDC on, and pace yourself properly. Its fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9N9vK6BhpI

That video is nothing sadly - day 1 was absolutely pouring on one or two sessions. The other 2 were just raining a bit.

It looks like you had the same or similar competition. A Camaro holding up everybody, a Corvette that got squirrelly, a BMW that you slowly reeled in.

How did you like that banked turn? Looks like the Nurburgrings bank.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote