View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #278 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Today I redid a install on a Subaru Legacy 2010. The system had:

Stock head unit
JBL MS-8
Memphis 6.5 woofers
MB Quartz tweeters
JL amps

The problems:
The previous installer said they could install a MS-8 but had no idea on how to tune it.
The MS-8 was sending out a 1 way full channel setup going to mb quartz crossovers than the signal was going to a second crossover from memphis than to the woofer.

So I ran a new wire straight from the woofers to the JL amp. The tweeters did this as well.

Than I tuned the system running 2 way active and no rears. Sounded pretty good. Customer was happy as well which is what counts.

Now the pics.

New amps

MS-8

Ran wires

https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote